Due to the thoughtfulness of Sarah Virginia at http://svdeaner.wordpress.com/, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thanks Sarah!
As Sarah stated in her post, here is the information concerning the Liebster Award.
“The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
My 11 facts:
1. I’m a redhead (although my hair is getting rather brown).
2. I’m colorblind.
3. My eyes will look a different color depending on what colors my clothes are.
4. In case you didn’t see my “About” page or Gravatar profile, I’m homeschooled.
5. I’m a very philosophical person, especially when it comes to discerning the morality of a situation.
6. I’ve been writing the same book since I was seven (although my book becomes slightly different as the years go by).
7. I really like snowboarding.
8. I look a lot older than I really am. Most people think that I’m at least three years older than my actual age.
9. If I had to choose between fighting a bear with a shotgun, spear, or a sword, I’d choose the sword (I’ve actually thought about this!).
10. My favorite TV show is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood….yeah, that’s right 😉
11. I ate two scrambled eggs on a ripped up tortilla this morning…true story. Here’s an extra fact about myself in case you haven’t already guessed it: I’m a goof.
Sarah’s questions and my answers are listed below:
1. Who is your favorite author? That’s a tough one. I don’t read gobs of a particular author. I guess I would have to say that J.R.R. Tolkien is my favorite author, because I really like The Hobbit and The Children of Hurin. The Lord of the Rings was good too, but not as well written. I suppose you could say Tolkien is my biggest inspiration, mainly because his world is so developed and there’s a background story for almost everything and everyone is his series. I’d like my fantasy series to be like that.
2. Are you a dog or a cat person? Personally, I’m not an animal person. But, based on the fact that I have experience with dogs more than cats, I guess I’m a dog person….although that’s not to say that I actually like dogs.
3. If you could have one movie on a desert island, what would it be? I’m not entirely sure what this means. But off the top of my head? The Two Towers. It’s meaningful, epic, and very inspirational 😉
4. Where would your dream vacation be? I’m not entirely sure! Hawaii, perhaps. Sorry, lame answer…
5. If you could write for any magazine in the world, which would you choose? I don’t read any magazines but I’d say The New Yorker.
6. Someone hands you $1,000. What would you do with it? Tithe, because I’m Catholic, and then find a worthy cause to donate to. That probably sounds unrealistic…
7. What comes to mind when you think of homeless people? An old man with gray hair, a walking stick, and tattered clothes on a sidewalk.
8. If you could go back in time and meet anyone, who would you want to meet and why? Jesus. Why? I’m Catholic, remember? 😛
9. What is your favorite past time? Writing or writing about my fantasy series (I know, it’s surprising).
10. What kind of music do you love? Well, it depends on what I’m in the mood for. I guess meaningful rock or pop songs. Always meaningful…(I’m very philosophical, remember?)
11. If you could be really incredibly amazing at just one thing, what would you choose? Writing 🙂 . Unfortunately, I’m only going to become incredibly amazing at writing after lots of hard work!
Here are the people I’m nominating:
….Well, you can see I’ve got some work to do.
1. What book genres do you read the most?
2. Out of any characters from fairly known books you’ve read, who do you think you resemble the most?
3. Out of any characters from fairly known books you’ve read, who do you wish you could resemble the most?
4. Are you homeschooled, public schooled, or other?
5. If you had to choose between being lost in a frozen tundra or a super hot desert, which would you choose?
6. (I feel compelled to ask this :))If you had to fight a bear, what weapons would you choose: A shotgun, a spear, or a sword?
7. Do you consider yourself “sporty”?
8. What field of science interests you the most?
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
10. Why do you blog?
11. Out of anyone you know personally, who do you look up to the most?
Thanks again to Sarah Virginia for nominating me! I hope that I can find 11 eligible candidates for nomination as well. If you have been nominated, you can participate by writing a post in which you present 11 facts about yourself, answering my 11 questions, and leaving 11 questions for the 11 people you nominate. Please leave a link to your blog in the comments so that I can see your post. Thanks for reading!